Friday, April 15, 2022

Losing Weight

       I don't know about you but I had a scare by a doctor who said I was overweight. He said I needed to lose weight and I responded in kind by telling him that I tried to lose weight and had failed. I tried to lose weight by riding my bicycle around the neighborhood about once a week on the weekends. Well, this did not work at all. What gave me an idea on how to tackle my weight lose was when the doctor said I needed to practice portion control. This got me thinking that the reason I was still gaining weight was because I kept eating more calories than I needed on a daily basis. In other words, I was over eating, and no amount of exercise was going to make me lose weight.

       This is when I devised a strategy to tackle my weight problem. A lot of people act like losing weight is something that just can not be done. I thought so to until I started counting my calories. A very simple but effective method for losing weight. At least for me anyways. You see all you need is a notebook and a pen. Everyday you need to write down how many calories you take in and limit those calories. You could say that this is just a diet, but I don't see it as such because I still eat whatever I want, just not more than I need. A man needs about 2,500 calories a day to be satisfied and a woman would probably need around 2,000 calories. 

      When you start writing down your calorie intake you start to see just how much you have been over eating. For me, I thought that buying a burrito pack from Taco Bell was just enough for me, but come to find out one burrito is really enough for a meal because they are loaded with calories. The may seem like a no-brainer , but to someone who keeps putting on the calories it puts thing into prospective to just exactly what you need for a day and sheds light into just how you have been eating too much.   

      This method is slow, you will lose between 1 to 5 pounds every week depending on where you're at on your weight lose journey. In the beginning I lost about 4 pounds every week. Then I lost about a pound before I shrunk my calories intake by 50 and I started losing about 4 pounds every week again. I hope this helps someone out there start their weigh lose journey. I know some people say it hard to lose weight but I found by doing it this way it is very easy for me. I started out at 340 pounds and I am now at 286 pounds and have been doing this since January 25, 2022. 

No comments:

Post a Comment